Chapter 7: Islam from Its Origins to 1300
Refer to the article in the binder by Richard Eaton titled "Islamic History as Global History" as well as the study guide and textbook for your answers.
1. Where, when, and how did Islam begin?
2. What was the source of the split between Sunni and Shiite Muslims?
3. What was the "great wave of Arab conquests of the 7th and 8th centuries" and how did it impact the spread of civilization?
4. How did the rise of Islamic civilization impact scholarship and intellectual history in the Middle Ages?
5. In what ways did the rise of Islam provide a bridge between the ancient and modern worlds?