Study Guide chapters 10-13
Identity the following and explain its historical significance: why was this
person, this conflict, this agreement, this phenomenon, etc. important?
Lewis and Clark
Battle of Tippecanoe
War of 1812
Trail of Tears
Gold in California
Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo
19th Century Slave Revolts: Prosser, Louisiana, Vessey, Turner
Compromise of 1850
Fugitive Slave Law
Dred Scott Case
Irish Potato Famine
American Colonization Society
1. What were the causes and the consequences of the War of 1812?
2. How did the US government deal with Indian-occupied land in the first half
of the 19th century?
3. What did universal male suffrage mean?
4. Give specific examples of how Americans challenged slavery in the first
half of the 19th century.
5. How did nativism affect the lives of European immigrants in the first half of the 19th century?